- Due April 1st
- Be a primary ECCU member in good standing for at least one year at the time of application
- Be a high school senior accepted to an accredited, post-secondary school
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- The Michigan Competitive Scholarship program is available to undergraduate students pursuing their first degree at an approved Michigan post-secondary institution.
- Students must demonstrate both financial need and merit and eligible applicants must achieve a qualifying ACT score prior to entering college.
- Use Grand Valley State University’s Outside Scholarships Search Tool (even if you’re not going to GVSU) to find regional/national scholarships.
- You can search by keyword, area of interest, GPA, major, and/or student status.
College Specific Scholarships
Note: Always check and apply for freshmen scholarships at your college of choice. Below are links to a few of the area colleges’ scholarship lists.
Southwestern Michigan College
Graduating high school students are automatically considered for academic scholarships after submitting an application for admission as well as official high school transcripts and ACT or SAT scores. The student will be notified by mail if awarded a scholarship. All awards require full-time enrollment (minimum of 12 credits per Fall and Spring semester) and may be reduced if the student receives other restricted or tuition-specific aid. See link for other types of SMC scholarships.
Glen Oaks Community College
Browse a list of currently open scholarships.
Western Michigan University
Browse a list of scholarships for incoming freshmen. Note the varying due dates.
Central Michigan University
Browse a list of scholarships for incoming freshmen.
Grand Valley State University
Use the search tools to find scholarships available to freshmen.